- Adoption preparation training
- Therapeutic parenting training
- Direct work with children (for families with children)
- Workshops on Life Story Books
- Advice information and counselling to adoptive families**
- Packages of support including social work support and support to access therapeutic services as needed**
- Accessing specialist service and educational support
- In some cases financial support e.g. to help with special care needs, accessing therapeutic resources**
- Support groups and social events for adoptive parents and children to meet and talk
- Help with contact arrangements between adopted child and his or her birth family
- A confidential post box service between birth and adoptive families
Access to certain adoption support services depend on your circumstances and adopters can request an assessment. An adoption support worker will complete an adoption support assessment** with the family and develop a proposed adoption support plan. You will be able to contribute your views before any decisions are made about services to be provided.
Adoption Support Fund
started in April 2015 and makes adoption support more accessible.
Share this page: