Torbay Adoption Service


Change a child's life

If you are over 18 years of age we can offer information and advice for following:

  •          If you are a resident in Torbay
  •          If Torbay holds your adoption records
  •          If you have applied for your original birth certificate with the General Registry Office  and have elected Torbay for counselling*.

* If you were adopted before 12 November 1975 you will have to attend counselling with an adoption counsellor before the GRO releases your birth details.

We also offer an intermediary service for adopted adults who want contact with a birth relative.

Share this page: